Operation Autism is intended as a resource for members of the U.S. military services that have children diagnosed with autism or concerns about their child’s development. It is entirely the work of the Organization for Autism Research (OAR), a nonprofit organization dedicated to funding autism research and providing evidence-based information about autism to consumers in the autism community. The information presented is the result of research conducted by OAR from a variety of public sources, Web sites and publications of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its branches of service, and consultation with a number of military parents of children with autism. Operation Autism is not sponsored or endorsed by the DoD or any branches of the Armed Services. Service members and their family members using this resource should check current DoD Directives or applicable orders published by their branch of service for the most current information on policies and procedures described on this site relative to having a child with special needs.
Terms of Service
You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of this website. Any such violations may result in criminal and civil liabilities to you. We will investigate any alleged violations, and, if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations. Violations of the security of the website, without limitation, includes the following:
- Logging into or attempting to log into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use;
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network;
- Tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer’s functionality or the operation of the website or services;
- Interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information; or
- Interfering with service to any user, host, or network including, without limitation, by means of overloading, “flooding,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” any computer system.
All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of the Organization for Autism Research (OAR) or in the case of third party materials, the owner of that content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content.
However, you may download material from Operation Autism: A Resource Guide for Military Families for your personal, noncommercial use only.
Links to Web sites other than those owned by the Organization for Autism Research are offered as a service to readers. OAR staff was not involved in their production and is not responsible for their content.